Our Client is in need of a Carer who is flexible and someone who enjoys working in a service that puts the client at the centre of what he/she does.
To ensure that the physical and psychological well - being of the Residents is maintained at the highest level in a pleasant and harmonious environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displaying a happy, caring and understanding attitude to residents and other staff at all times.
- Providing personal care in a sensitive and dignified way, which includes bathing, washing, care of hair and scalp, feeding needs, preparing and serving meals, care of residents who are incontinent, care of residents who have learning disabilities, care of residents with dementia, care of pressure areas, applying ointments and dressings, issuing medication, care of residents who are terminally ill, bed making, care of Residents’ clothing and personal property, use of laundry, ironing and mending clothes, tidying Residents’ lockers, drawers and wardrobes, keeping Residents’ rooms clean and tidy at all times, general cleaning.
- Reporting defects in equipment and all unusual incidents to the Manager.
- Seek to establish a relationship and to be a counselor to Residents both individually and as a group and to encourage them wherever possible to participate in the activities of the home.
- To participate in the assessment, review and recording of the needs of each Resident.
- To be involved with the other Care Assistants in formulating and establishing possible alternative methods of care to facilitate individual and group needs.
- To encourage Residents to learn new skills and take up other interests and activities.
- To seek, as part of the counseling function, to understand the emotional and personality problems among Residents and
- To help the group and the individual to work through these problems in conjunction with colleagues and senior members of staff where appropriate.
- To be prepared to assist in various leisure activities and outings and to help Residents when necessary in casual shopping, selection of clothing and escort duties to hospitals
- To cover for ancillary staff by carrying out kitchen duties if colleagues are absent due to sickness or annual leave.
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the job as required by the Management