We are looking for Community Safety Officer for Temp Work.Main Aim
To assist, co-ordinate, develop and implement community safety initiatives with specific partnerships and specific service departments of the County Council. To liaise as required with external organisations and other County Council services. To support and contribute to the work of the Community Safety UnitSpecific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide specialist advice on community safety issues. To keep up to date with changes in legislation, regulations, policy and strategy developments and good practice and to produce guidance and briefings where appropriate for the County Council.
- To contribute to the development, preparation, maintenance and implementation of Community Safety Strategies and Action Plans (Partnership and County Council).
- To contribute to partnership working with external agencies, including the Police and District/Borough Councils, the Youth Offending Service and the Drug and Alcohol Action Team.
- To provide officer support to specified Community Safety Partnerships.
- To provide specialist support to specified County Council Departments.
- To be responsible for implementing the Community Safety funding process with regard to specific partnerships.
- To assist the Community Safety Manager in ensuring the County Council complies with the requirements of Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act.
- To support County Council Liaison Officers develop and implement mainstreaming plans in departments.
- To establish links and communication with departments and strengthen joint working between departments and Community Safety Partnerships.
- To audit and report on Community Safety activity as required and assist with monitoring Community Safety targets and other performance indicators.
- To project manage, develop and monitor Community Safety projects as required.
- To assist in the provision of information and reports on the implementation and development of community safety initiatives, as required by the Community Safety Manager.
- To contribute towards Safer R&I Unit developments with facilitating data provision and information exchange, and assisting with consultation processes and analysis.
- To attend meetings, present reports, maintain records and prepare progress reports and minutes.
- To participate in planning, arranging and delivering information for conferences, seminars, briefing sessions, training and development and induction programmes etc.
- To prepare and distribute publicity and promotional material.
- Respond to enquiries from Government and other organisations as well as the council on matters requiring a community safety output.