Deputy Service Manager will assist the Service Manager to ensure, through the team/senior team, an efficient, high quality individualised service is provided to the people who use the service. The post holder will ensure professional advice and leadership is provided for those managed and that the service operates within the ethos of the company, its policies, quality standards, aims and the requirements of legislation.
To provide care and support as part of the rota when necessary including sleep ins and according to the individual needs of the service users and in conjunction with prescribed medical treatment.
To ensure that care and support is person centred, provided efficiently and in a manner that at all times upholds the organisation?s values, ensures that service users? needs are fully met, complies with the highest professional practice, and is in line with CQC fundamental standards.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. To ensure that Care and Support is planned and delivered in person centred ways, in accordance with the needs and wishes of the service users whilst creating a homely atmosphere and promoting choice and independence. To ensure that agreed care plans are always up to date, implemented and reviewed on a regular basis.
2. To ensure that the assessment of service users? needs for care and support promotes independence, choice and positive risk taking.
3. Develop and maintain professional, positive and effective links with service users, team members, visitors, external professionals and support the delivery of quality services that meet the needs of the service users.
4. When necessary to work as part of the rota with professional standards and recognising the post holder?s own limits of competence.
5. To administer and assist in the management of medication systems and practices in accordance with FTF policies and procedures.
6. To act as a visible and positive role model by ensuring that FTF values are translated into practice and that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to in order to safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of service users, visitors and team members.
7. To take ownership of, and a leadership role in, the continuous improvement of the service.
8. Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in accordance with statutory, regulatory and organisational requirements.
9. Participate in team meetings and individual performance review and supervise and manage care staff, participate in training and development.
10. Recognise professional boundaries and make appropriate and timely referrals to specialists to ensure service users? health and social care needs are met.
11. To maintain own competence, and to remain up to date with current standards of practice, through continuing professional development.
12. Liaise with external professionals to ensure that the highest standards of practice are developed and maintained, including with regard to assessments of current and future needs and wishes.
13. Ensure where appropriate that family members are involved and informed of significant changes.
14. To adhere to Health and Safety/Fire procedures at all times and ensure a safe and comfortable environment at all times and ensure the risks of infection and cross infection are properly controlled at all times.
15. Promote a diverse workforce that is free from discriminatory practice.
16. To participate in handover, staff meetings, service user meetings, drawing up the rota, supervising care staff.
17. Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the affairs of people who use the service, and regarding management of the service.
18. In line with communication and engagement approaches approved by the Directorate Team, to keep clients, their families, and advocates/supporters clearly informed of service issues and developments.
19. Assist the Service Manager in recruitment, induction, supervision and management of those managed by this post with particular regard to service standards and quality of service delivery, dealing with conduct and other issues arising in accordance with the Charity?s policies.
20. Report to Service Manager any issues relating to the management of the Service. Present the relevant reports and other information, as necessary.
21. Report to Service Manager any issues related to those managed by the service and seek guidance and advice on Human Resources and employment legislation issues, as necessary.
22. To deputise for Service Manager, as required and assist in the strategic and financial management of the service.
23. At times to participate in the services? rota (including occasional sleep-in duties), and out of hours on-call rota.
24. Undertake any other tasks, duties or projects, as reasonably required, which may arise from to time.
4 years experience in care
2 years as a Team Leader or in supervisory
NVQ5 in leadership is desirable
Closing date: Oct 20, 2016