Main Aims of the Job:
1. To assist in developing a caring, supportive and spiritual atmosphere for patients
2. To maintain professional and ethical standards and set a high standard of patient
3. To develop specialist skills in all aspects of palliative care and carry out all relevant
forms of care with minimal supervision.
4. To share in the responsibility within the nursing team for planning, implementing and
evaluating total care of the patient and their family.
5. To support Charge Nurse and Senior Staff Nurses in their role.
6. Develop managerial and teaching skills under the supervision of senior nursing
7. Assist in ward management and determining nursing priorities under the direction of
the Sister/Charge Nurse and Senior Staff nurses.
8. Supervise the work of Healthcare Assistants and volunteers and ensure that
policies are followed.
9. Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff.
10. Communicate information on patient care and related matters to Charge
Nurse and the Medical Staff.
11. Accept professional responsibility for the safe custody, administration and recording
of medications in accordance with statutory requirements and established
policy and procedures.
12. Ensure correct use and due economy is made of equipment and resources.
13. Be prepared to cope with incidents or emergency situations as they arise and report
to the Senior Nurse on duty.
14. Report any changes in conditions or situations to the Senior Nurse in charge.
If you are interested and available to join as soon as possible.
Please send your CV now