Seeking to appoint a full-time Lead Speech & Language Therapist (Lead SLT) to join our established Multi-Disciplinary team
You will work with extraordinary people who achieve fantastic successes. You will work as part of a supportive team, focusing on outcomes through a person-centred approach.
As Lead SLT you will be responsible for the delivery of effective Speech and Language Therapy services for vulnerable adults residing in community residential homes & hospitals, who present with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs.
- You will lead the high standards of person centred care.
- Utilising Speech and Language Therapy skills to effectively assess, treat and provide on-going evaluation and support of clients.
- You will deliver training programmes to the MDT in order to ensure competency in working with patients who have communication and or swallowing difficulties.
- You will work as an autonomous professional according to the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy ‘Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct’ and the ‘ Health Professions Council Regulations’.
Demonstration of strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic and flexible approach to the role.
Must be driven, motivated and committed to providing industry leading care and service. Experience of the Adult Learning Disabilities & Mental Health sector is essential.
- You will have experience of managing a team of Speech & Language Therapy Assistants.
- You will have a recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree or equivalent qualification.
- You will be Dysphagia trained.
- Yow will be a register member with a license to practice.
- You will be a Registered member of RCSLT