Do you want to make a difference in a vulnerable person's life?
Do you have the commitment and positive values to make a difference to the lives of people living in a Residential and Supported accommodation?
We are looking for calm, resourceful and energetic individuals who are well motivated, hardworking and keen to join our teams.
You will provide person-centred recovery focused support to tenants to enable them to manage their mental health, build life skills, promote healthy lifestyles and engage in educational, vocational and leisure activities.
You will have the maturity to be able to work within a framework of recovery, building confidence, self-esteem, hope and positive coping skills. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and risk management plans and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
You will be supporting clients with Mental Health, including schizophrenia, split personality disorder, depression and anxiety.
Follow care and/or support plans for each service user/tenant with respect and dignity.
This may include one or more of the following examples:
• Living as independently as possible
• Accessing work, education or training
• Enjoying leisure time, activities and cultural beliefs in the community
• Keeping in touch with family and friends and making new friends
• Carry out or assist with domestic cleaning, cooking and shopping tasks as instructed
• Assist with the provision of medication as directed
• Provide up to date information to maintain service user records as required
• Respond to health and safety issues
• Implement emergency procedures
• Persist in the delivery of support to clients who may present behavioural challenges.
Job Type: Full-time 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £16,000 per year (based on experience)
Job Location: Harrow, Ealing, Hillingdon
Required education: Secondary education
You will ideally hold:
• NVQ level 2 in care service provision, or be willing to train for it
• Certificate in Mental Health
• Demonstration of a good basic education.
Required experience: Mental Health: 1 year