Large public sector organisation seek an Oracle Applications DBA to work as part of a project team providing Oracle Applications DBA support throughout the implementation and development of the Oracle HR/Payroll system (Oracle e-Business Suite R12).
· Under the direction of a Service Managers of Coordinator, manage a team in providing specialist services
· Developing strategies or plans for future implementation within a team
· Contribute to the Section’s Service Planning Process
· Undertake an advisory role in a professional, technical or administrative area
· With the guidance of the Service Manager, lead a team in providing specialist services
Specific Post Responsibilities and Post Requirements
· Providing Oracle Applications DBA Support for the Oracle e-Business Suite (R12) primarily during the implementation of Oracle HRMS/Payroll but to provide general Oracle Applications DBA support for the existing modules (General Ledger, Account Processing, i-procurement and Cash Management)
· Undertake patch analysis and the application of patches to the existing Oracle e-Business Suite
· Perform clones of the Live Oracle e-Business Suite System to refresh test, development and training environments as required in line with the Council’s refresh strategy.
· To assist the ICT development team in investigating and resolving issues reported by the business in relation to any of the Oracle e-Business Suite modules listed above.
· Liaise with Oracle and raise Service Requests as required for the resolution of issues.
· Support as required for systems and user acceptance testing.
. Assisting in the preparation of relevant DBA documentation.
· Assist in the performance monitoring of the Council’s Oracle e-Business Suite and troubleshoot performance related issues.
· Advise on good DBA practise and willingness to share knowledge with colleagues
· Undertaking duties consistent with the post as may be prescribed by the Team Leader (IMS & Finance) or other senior nominated officer of the directorate.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a challenging environment whilst maintaining that work life balance and enhancing existing skills.