Pre School Assistant
We are looking for Pre School Assistants for TEMP WORK.
Job Role and Purpose:
To provide care and inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the setting and to maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To meet children’s learning and development needs in the prime and specific areas by providing stimulating and age-appropriate play in the setting.
• To be fully aware of the Alliances operational policies and procedures and ensure that policies and procedures are followed, implemented, monitored, reviewed by all staff this includes ensuring that all accidents and incidents are recorded as outlined in the policies and procedures.
• To supervise the children where appropriate and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations, as directed by senior staff.
• To contribute to a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being and to ensure that all toys and equipment are suitable, clean and safe at all times.
• To assist in providing a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas of the children’s development as well as supervising outdoor play in all weathers.
• To act as key person to a group of children under the supervision of the manager if appropriate.
• To liaise with parents, carers and guardians about children’s needs and to inform them how their child’s session progressed, always starting the discussion with a positive comment.
• To assist in the preparation of snacks, ensuring that all children’s dietary and cultural needs are met and consideration is given to allergy requirements .
• To be aware of any special educational and additional needs a child may have and informing other staff as appropriate. To ensure that every child’s individual needs are known and met in an environment that is free from discrimination where each child is valued and respected.
• To carry out observations of children in order to establish that the children’s development, general health and well-being is being enhanced and discuss the progress of children with the relevant key person and contribute any ideas to informal & formal planning sessions.
• To offer support and guidance to volunteers, students on placements and work experience in the room.
• To contribute to and attend his/her supervisions and staff appraisal.
• To attend and contribute at regular staff/team meetings.
• To adhere to the Alliance’s safeguarding procedures to promote the welfare and safety of children within the setting and to share any welfare or child protection concerns immediately with the Pre-school Manager.
• To attend any conferences, training events or meetings as identified by the Setting Manager.
• To ensure adherence to setting’s code of practice on confidentiality.
• To keep up to date with current good practice.
• To perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Pre-school Manager.