Main Purpose of Job:
• To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a personalised care package that meets the needs of the resident and the high standards expected by the home. To ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity and that individual’s rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
• To assist in leading and managing the Nursing and Care staff in the delivery of excellent nursing care, participate in the day-to-day management of the home and promote the qualities and values of the home at all times.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To comply with and practice within the NMC codes of Professional Conduct.
• To act as a role model for the team by representing the values and beliefs of the nursing profession
• To actively participate in the day-to-day management of all stock, materials, medicines and stationery, ensuring economic use of resources
• To actively participate in Clinical and Non-Clinical audits to ensure delivery of high standards of care as determined by the national guidelines and Home’s policies and procedures
• To maintain personal contact with residents, relatives and significant others, being sensitive to their needs
• To disseminate information to staff and residents and ensure timely and appropriate communication with all colleagues, Head Office, visiting health professionals and external agencies.
• To address inappropriate behaviour in others in a professional and timely manner
• To notify the Lead Nurse / Home Manager of any problems and incidents as appropriate and document accordingly
• To participate in Unit, Departmental and the Home meetings as required
• To maintain up-to-date nursing documentation, including electronic care plans, the resident diary and associated records in line with NMC recommendations and the home Policy
• To be responsible for inputting information and ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act
• To store, check and administer medication in accordance with the Home's policy.
• To monitor the standards of cleanliness within the Home and to take action where appropriate