The Service Manager will manage and oversee the service, and offer leadership and guidance to the staff team.
This job is, primarily, to manage the two Streatham Services to the highest standards, including maintaining full compliance with Health and Social Care Act Regulations monitored by the Care Quality Commission [CQC]. The post holder will be expected to assess and address areas for service improvements, and make proposals for further enhancing person centred working and service quality.
The post holder will ensure effective leadership is provided for the staff team and will ensure that the service operates within ethos of the Charity throughout.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensure the Service and those managed by this post are continuously working towards the individual needs of people who use the services, particularly in terms of their support, care and the development of their life and social skills, whilst at the same time providing a homely atmosphere.
2. Ensure as deemed necessary by statutory and policy requirements, that appropriate information is gathered for people who use the service and that reviews, individual meetings and the agreed Care/Support Plans and Person Centred Plans are implemented, monitored and reviewed on an on-going basis.
3. Be responsible for the recruitment, induction, supervision, support and overall management of the staff and workers within the remit of this post, with particular regard to service standards and quality of service delivery, dealing with conduct and other issues arising in accordance with the Charity?s policies.
4. Ensure the performance of those managed by this post is assessed and meets with the requirements of the service users and the service standards. Also ensure that training and development needs are identified and met in accordance with the Charity?s policies.
5. Ensure fire procedures, hygiene, risk assessment and all other health and safety statutory requirements are complied with and that incidents and Safeguarding alerts are reported and investigated in accordance with the Charity?s policies and the requirements of legislation.
6. Ensure that the operational, financial and strategic management of the Service is provided in accordance with the aims, objectives and policies of the Charity and the requirements of legislation.
7. Report to the Directorate Team any issues relating to the management of the Service. Present the relevant reports and other information, as necessary.
8. Report to the Directorate Team any issues relating to those managed by the service and seek guidance and advice on Human Resources and employment legislation issues, as necessary.
9. Liaise with external professionals to ensure that the highest standards of practice are developed and maintained, including with regard to assessments of current and future needs and wishes, and over any possible move-on to other accommodation if this arises.
10. Attend and contribute to meetings and training events, including the post holder?s own supervision and appraisal meetings, as part of self and service development.
11. Undertake the strategic and financial management of the service, working within the confines of the agreed budget and business plans and ensuring that accurate records and financial information is properly maintained.
12. Promote a diverse workforce that is free from discriminatory practice.
13. Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of people who use the services affairs and management of the service.
14. In line with communication and engagement approaches approved by the Directorate Team, to keep clients, their families, and advocates/supporters clearly informed of service issues and developments.
15. In line with advice from the Human Resources Manager to inform staff of the possible impact of any service changes on their work and employment, and to ensure issues and concerns are communicated internally.
16. At times to participate in the services? rota (including occasional sleep-in duties), and out of hours on-call rota.
17. Undertake any other tasks, duties or projects, as reasonably required, which may arise from to time which commensurate with the general level of this post
NVQ4 in Health and Social Care
NVQ5 in leadership
4 years experience in care
2 years as Manager
RMA and Registered CQC manager is desirable
Good communication skills
Good Leadership skills