Our Client is in need of a Support Worker who is flexible and someone who enjoys working in a service that puts the client at the centre of what he/she does.
To support the physical and psychological well being of the Residents and enable them to lead as independent and fulfilling lives as possible.
You may be required to support more than one person with a learning disability. You may be given additional responsibilities as a key worker for one or more service users who you will work with more closely, however, you are expected to provide support as detailed in individuals support plans or as required to all the service users that you work with.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- to do whatever activities they would like to do every day, with the aim of making each day the best it can possibly be.
- to maintain their existing skills and develop new ones.
- to live the life they want to lead, make decisions, have as many choices about their lives as possible and be supported to take appropriate risks.
- to access facilities in the local community and take part in activities outside of their home.
- to look after their home, cooking, shopping, keeping it clean, tidy and safe.
- to look after their health and take any medication.
- to look after their personal care (e.g. washing, bathing, shaving, going to the toilet) when required
- to achieve their ambitions as set out in their person centred plan or support plans.
- manage their money
- to support with dignity and respect at all times.
- keep accurate records as required and maintain confidentiality
- work as part of a team and to support colleagues to do their jobs.
- work with other people as required in order to fulfill the requirements of the job and this may involve attending meetings
- attend training as required
- drive car/people carrier when required.
- undertake any other appropriate duties as required