FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
The role as technical field advisor involves a variety of tasks where you work with the customers needs in maintenance, preventive maintenance and performance enhancement. Our customers are mainly power, heat and waste incineration, as well as paper and pulp mills where industrial flue gas cleaning equipment is present.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Responsible for own service assignments
• Planning of site outages
• Supervise the workforce on site
• Preform inspections
• Identify future work opportunities
• Promote the sale of services / materials
• Provide reports and follow up processes
• Independent working but also able to work as part of a team
• Technical/University degree or qualifying experience OR a High School Diploma / GED with experience in a Field Services role
• Relevant experience in a field services or maintenance position
• Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of Environmental Control Systems.
• In order to provide direction to others, position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical flow and instrument diagrams dial and laser alignment and thermal growth equipment.
• Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required therefore a driving licence is essential.
• Knowledge of English and Swedish in both speech and writing.
• Has the knowledge and skill to actively support an outage and be aware of where to seek answers to questions as they arise.
• Extensive Field Engineering Services experience is required
• Very good organizational, project management, written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Business acumen and the ability to sell GE products to the customer and identify future opportunities.