A membership, information, training & events organisation are currently looking for a Sales Executive Sales Executives are the focal point for all sales to non-members; selling them membership and all other products and services for schools.
Activity is driven by leads from the marketing activity and by proactive prospecting led by the salespeople. The roles are mainly office based with some scope for face-to face meetings which can be developed over time. Our salespeople also attend relevant exhibitions and events, manning our stands and generating new leads. The role has great potential for personal development including the acquisition of new skills and the regular addition of new responsibilities. The initial focus is on high-volume lower-value sales. Over time training, coaching and development will introduce key account management, higher value and more complex sales, increasing autonomy and number of face-to-face meetings, and further career opportunities.
- Hit monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Build relationships with clients and prospect clients for the wider benefit of SSAT
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure high quality fulfilment of all sales
- Gather market intelligence and use to contribute to new and existing product development
- Selling membership to new or former member schools.
- Selling all other opportunities for schools as standalone items or bundled packages:
- Prospecting – researching new leads; identifying and contacting new decision makers
- Qualifying leads – following up on leads generated by marketing or other activities
- Identifying needs – questioning, listening and confirming understanding of prospect needs
- Pitching – proposing relevant solutions to match needs and budgets of prospect
- Negotiation – reaching agreement on packages and prices within established parameters
- Closing – confirming sales in writing and initiating fulfilment process
- Responding to all relevant incoming customer communication in a professional and timely manner, focussing on producing a positive outcome for the customer
- Following up enquiries or sales made to monitor progress and offer ongoing assistance
- Developing relationships with decision makers at customer and prospect schools by recording all interaction of note and providing an increasingly tailored range of options for them to buy
- Record all client, prospect and deal information on CRM system
- Ensure all sales material is up-to-date and available from the beginning of all sales cycles. Keep an up-to-date schedule of all events.
- Maintain an up-to-date diary to include scheduled calls and appointments, deadlines and reminders
- Previous client-facing sales experience; regular interaction with external customers.
- Excellent communication skills; face-to-face, phone and written. Mother-tongue standard spoken and written English.
- Competence and experience in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and, preferably, Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Positivity, energy, personality, tact, resilience and self-motivation.
- Experience of successfully selling membership and/or CPD/training products, preferably to schools
- Experience and understanding of sales techniques.
- Knowledge and awareness of current English school landscape
If this role sounds of interest to you then please apply as soon as possible.