A large global gaming company with a base in central London who are looking to add a member to their team due to company growth as well as multiple projects in the development of their network infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Design, configure, maintain and monitor network equipment across multiple sites.
- Management of MPLS, routers, firewalls, switches and wireless devices on the network
- Enforce physical and virtual network security procedures.
- Maintaining patch levels on network fabric estate.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered by network-wide users.
- Ensure that agreed SLA’s are being met by both the team and 3rd parties.
- R&D new technologies/vendor products to aid business requirements.
- Be part of a regular on-call rota to support the business after hours.
- Documentation of project scopes and network designs
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
- Extensive experience as a Senior Network Engineer
- Routing protocols – OSPF, BGP, VRF and MPLS deployments (Cisco Routers) in depth
- Switching Protocols – VLANs, STP, LACP (Dell & Force10 and Cisco Switches)
- Firewalls – ASA, Checkpoint
- Force 10 and Cisco switching full command knowledge
- Load-Balancers (Ideally Riverbed)
- WiFi Technologies
- VPN Technologies (GRE/IPSec)
- WAN Acceleration/Compression (Ideally Silverpeak)
- Practical understanding of VoIP Technologies
- RADIUS and TACAS
- SNMP Monitoring
- Network Design for HA
- Consolidated network designs
- VMware Network understanding
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communications.
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Linux (Intermediate – Advanced)
- Windows Server (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Lync network design and support
- Passionate about your chosen technology field
- Ability to translate technical to non-technical for reporting
- Attention to detail
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Enjoy working with a team