Our client is looking for candidates who are flexible in their approach and have a desire to support adults. A candidate who can work with older people, people with dementia, MH problems and people who are receiving palliative care.
Must have a Care certificate (or be willing to do it pay £8 per hour NVQ2 preferred (must be willing to do, we will provide training).
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Carry out all duties in accordance with the policy, philosophy, procedures and practice statements of the service, in particular the ‘Health & Safety at Work’ regulations.
2. Promote the physical, emotional and psychological development of the people who use the service. Report, monitor and record any changes in their health/behaviour. Keeping the Service Manager/senior staff up to date with any changes.
3. To operate as a Key Worker to individual people who use the service and help to formulate individual Person Centred life plans, care plans and health action plans to identify their individual strengths and needs.
4. Prepare clearly written, precise and structured reports for Annual Review meetings.
5. Escort the people where required who use the service to various classes and work placements.
6. Promote relationships between the people who use the service and their families and offer a warm reception to visitors.
7. Support people who use the service in all aspects of their personal care, encouraging them to use their capabilities in achieving independence in all aspects of life skills:
a. Washing, bathing, dressing, oral and personal hygiene
b. Dressing / undressing and guidance in colour co-ordination