1. Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting residents, when required, with all aspects of daily living.
2. Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work.
3. Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide supervision and attention when needed, ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity.
4. Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical disabilities making the best use if aids provided.
5. Closely monitor residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
6. Assist in the promotion of continence.
7. Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
8. Complete, observe and review care planning needs for residents, and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Home’s Policies and Procedures.
9. Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
10. Answer Nurse Call System, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
11. Report on well-being of residents and liaise with G.Ps and Manager and carry out doctor’s order
12. Carry out regular checks on residents at intervals determined by senior staff member.
13. Make visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
14. Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Home’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Home’s resources are used appropriately.
15. Clean and maintain equipment used by the resident/relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles, etc. Ensure the Home’s is kept clean and tidy, in the Home’s attention to detail philosophy.
16. Care for residents’ clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
17. Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Home’s policies and procedures.
18. Assist residents who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements, etc.). Assist with serving of food/drinks as required.
19. Escort residents travelling to and from the Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits, etc.
20. Dispense medication, and ensure correct recording of all relevant information relating to medication (after satisfactory completion of the Safe Handling of Medicines course).
21. Ensure all holistic assessment are carried out when residents are admitted to the Home e.g. covering nutritional and incontinence issues, risk assessment, etc.
22. Participate in staff and residents meetings as and when required
23. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
24. Attend mandatory training days/courses on or off site as and when required.
25. Participate in relevant NVQ training Common Induction (Skills for Care) to achieve required qualifications.
26. Perform service user observation e.g. TPR, BP, Fluid Balance Chart, Height and Weight and record these correctly in the file and report any abnormality or change in these to the Manager.
Health & Safety:
27. Report immediately to the Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
28. Understand, and ensure the implementation of the Home’s Health and Safety Policy, and Emergency and Fire Procedures.
29. Report to the Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
30. Promote safe working practice within Home.
31. Maintenance of a constant safe environment for the service users based on Risk Assessment.
32. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Home
33. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
34. Notify the Manager or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
35. Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times.
36. Adhere to all Home’s Policies and Procedures within the defined timescales.
37. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
38. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.